Lukaszew’s Group in the news
· Our collaborative research with JLab appeared in Cold Facts | October 2015 | Volume 31 Number 5
· Book “Handbook of Nanomagnetism – Applications and tools” published by Panstanford (2015)
· Melissa Beebe received a JSA graduate fellowship award (5/20/2015).
· Lei Wang successfully defended her PhD thesis on 3/19/2015. She is now a postdoctoral researcher at UVA.
· Matt Burton received a competitive DOE Graduate Research Award to work on an SRF thin film project for cavities at JLAB
· Prof. Lukaszew was interviewed after her invited presentations at the recent “Thin Film workshop and new ideas for SRF conductivity” in Padova, Italy (2014).
· Kaida Yang successfully defended hi PhD thesis on April 14, 2014. He continues OPT training in our group.
· Will Roach successfully defended his PhD thesis on August 6, 2013. He has accepted a visiting professor position at Lynchburg College, VA, starting on the Fall of 2013.
· Kaida Yang won a poster award at the AVS Mid-Atlantic meeting at NIST, Gaithersburg, MD, on May 16, 2013.
· Will Roach received a Research award a the GRS-W&M (2013)
· Mid Atlantic AVS chapter meeting 4/12/2012: two students won awards
· Virginia Space Grant Consortium 2012 Student Research Conference:
· Lukaszew’s research was highlighted in W&M president Taylor Reveley’s 2011 report.
· Graduate student wins award from Mid Atlantic AVS chapter (Jlab, Newport News).
· W&M joins Virginia Nanotechnology Center (ViNC)
· Building a better bomb sniffer
· “Physics and Theatre,” College of William and Mary
· Good old days as a postdoc at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: